Translational Software® is not a laboratory, rather we provide platform agnostic solutions to healthcare institutions.
We serve hospital systems, independent software vendors and a broad laboratory network using multiple instruments and information technologies.
Our goal is to improve portability and interoperabilty and to increase the utility of genetic test information enhancing clinical tools and unlocking value for patients.
Translational Software®’s application programming interface (API) and knowledge platform enable health systems, labs and independent software vendors to accelerate development of PGx-enhanced applications.
These apps can leverage PGx knowledge-as-a-service and existing test results to improve the prescription ordering process, alert clinicians to drug-gene interactions, and suggest medication alternatives.
To ease adoption and interoperability, the API is built on the Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR®) standard, a next-generation framework from HL7. It is RESTful and uses OAuth.
Developer Partner Program
Translational Software®’s partner program enables you to focus your development efforts on your deep understanding of clinical needs while we take care of the nuances of PGx.
Steps to get started
- Sign Up as a Developer Partner and to discuss your goals and timelines.
- Gain access to the shared Evaluation Sandbox and try out the APIs using demo data.
- Establish a private test area to develop against patient data owned by your organization. (Appropriate BAAs and patient data authorizations must be place).
Example application scenarios
- Alert when PGx testing is advised, aligning with institutional policies
- Notify when genetic test results suggest a change in medication
- Screen new medications against the latest pharmacogenomic guidance for a patient’s genotype and medication list
- Integrate pharmacogenomics into current genetic reporting
- Enable interoperability, store data in the Translational registry, overcoming the limits of electronic medical record (EMR) systems and information exchange across medical practices.
- Reuse genetic results across medical specialties.
- Integrate pharmacogenetic knowledge into: EMR systems, pharmacy systems, patient monitoring tools, pharmacy benefit management (PBM), and more.
Current development partners
- MEDTEK21 is currently being used to positively impact care quality and outcomes across patient populations in long term care and home health, and by self-insured corporations.
- First Databank Initial use cases will enable clinicians to consider the genomic profile of a patient when making prescribing decisions (such as recommendations for drug monitoring, dose adjustments or prescribe contraindicated); and to consider genomic-related risk information when two drugs are prescribed together. This functionality will help guide clinical decision making, minimize adverse reactions and enable physicians to prescribe the most effective medication in a manner that meets the unique needs of individual patients.
- “Integrating Translational Software’s PGx knowledge base within our e-prescribing platform allows us to deliver an in-workflow, evidence-based approach to medication prescribing that can be used as part of routine care,” stated G. Cameron Deemer, president of DrFirst.
- Sanford Health …As Sanford looks to scale up the Imagenetics program in terms of both testing and the number of patients served, it is using Translational’s software to generate pharmacogenetics reports in a more automated and less labor intensive fashion.
Medsreview is an exciting new application for healthcare providers to dynamically review Drug-Drug and Drug-Gene Interactions in real time. The intuitive single screen user-interface replaces the need to update PDF reports and also recommends therapeutic substitutions. This tool enables care facilities to incorporate pharmacogenomics into medication therapy management while streamlining workflows.
This tool is available through Translational Software®’s Provider Portal or as an embedded application via the API.
Interfacing with Translational Software® can be achieved through the web-based PGx Portal. The portal is designed to help diagnostic laboratories transform genetic test results into reports that are concise and actionable for physicians.
Functionality available through PGX Portal includes:
- Genetic result haplotyping and data validation
- Reporting services
- Operational Reports
To implement PGx reporting
in your lab or for more information.
Providing clinicians direct and easy access to patient reports via a web based portal.
This service can be enhanced with Medsreview, a dynamic tool to manage both Drug-Gene and Drug-Drug Interactions in a single UI.
- Reports are available to clinicians within minutes of lab approval
- Mobile Ready website for easy and secure access to reports
- No setup required by clinician or patient care facility
To provide Translational Software® reports or Medsreview directly via Provider Portal
Patient Data Protections
Patient protected health information (PHI) stored on Translational Software’s systems by a health organization is only accessible to entities granted access by the organization and covered under a BAA. Translational Software enables HIPAA compliance for organizations using the Translational API.